1. Breakthrough Design. Not only does the all-new 2015 Nissan Murano look like nothing else in the segment, its 0.31 coefficient of drag (the same as many contemporary sports cars) is projected to be among the best in segment. Key contributors to the low aerodynamic Cd include the lower grille shutter, front and rear spoilers, rear tire deflectors, rear suspension fairings and optimized fuel tank design.
2. Tuned LED Headlights. The available LED headlights, while providing excellent energy use efficiency and durability (versus halogen and xenon lights), required extensive tuning to refine the shape and light intensity. Murano also features standard LED Daytime Running Lights, LED taillights and integrated LED lights in the sideview mirrors.
3. Zero Gravity, Extra Heat. Murano backs up its position as a “social lounge” by treating rear seat passengers to many amenities usually reserved for front seat occupants. This includes rear Zero Gravity outboard seat design, available high-speed seat heating and rear USB connection port. Rear seat knee room has increased by 1.4 inches (versus the previous Murano) due to a slimmer front seat seatback design.
4. Less Weight, Better MPG. The new Murano features an approximate 130-pound overall weight reduction, which when combined with optimized aerodynamics, low rolling resistance tires, engine and transmission enhancements and other drivetrain improvements, is projected to result in an approximately 20 percent gain in combined fuel economy versus the previous generation Murano (2015 Murano EPA fuel economy ratings not yet available).
5. Extra Set of Eyes. The new Murano includes up to four onboard cameras and three radar systems, to provide input to a range of standard and available technologies including Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW), Forward Emergency Braking, Intelligent Cruise Control, Cross Traffic Alert (CTA) and class-exclusive Around View® Monitor with Moving Object Detection.
6. Let There Be Light, Lots of It. The Murano’s available power Panoramic Moonroof has been reconfigured for the new third-generation design. A single opening replaces the previous two separated panels and the glass area is a 40 percent longer sliding length, with the opening area increased by 29 percent (versus the previous generation Murano). The new Murano also an advanced lighting system, welcoming occupants to the premium interior day or night.
7. Off with the Switches. Murano’s new instrument panel is designed for ease of use. Along with larger information screens, such as the 7.0-inch high resolution customizable Advance Drive-Assist Display and available 8.0-inch multi-touch control center display, the number of audio and navigation switches has been reduced by 60 percent (from 25 to 10) for a more user-friendly experience.
8. Clutch Cargo (Area): Not to be overlooked among all the premium design features of the new Murano is its utility. The rear cargo area dimensions have been stretched 3.3 inches in width and 2.0 inches in length, which along with the reconfigured shape of the rear liftgate, results in four extra cubic feet of cargo space – projected to be among the largest cargo area in the segment. Cargo is now also easier to load with the fold-flat rear seats creating a flat luggage floor. The split-folding rear seat, with available power return, can be controlled completely from the cargo area – so there’s no need to walk to each door to raise the seats.
9. 1st in the U.S. The 2015 Murano will be assembled for the first time in the United States (the previous two generations were produced in Japan), becoming the ninth model in production at the Canton Vehicle Assembly Plant in Canton, Mississippi. Murano will be exported from Mississippi to more than 100 markets around the world.
10. Growing Market. The first-generation Murano was launched in November 2002 as a 2003 model. Nearly 700,000 have been sold in the U.S. to date. The mid-SUV segment is projected to increase 19 percent between 2013 and 2016. Key vehicles in the segment include Ford Edge, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport and Kia Sorento.
Windsor Nissan in East Windsor, NJ is thrilled with the upcoming release of the all-new 2015 Nissan Murano crossover. We know that this vehicle will be an amazing addition to our already award winning lineup; the Nissan Altima, Nissan Sentra, Nissan Pathfinder, Nissan Maxima & the all-new 2014 Nissan Rogue. We cannot wait for Fall 2014!
All-New 2014 Nissan Rogue Named to Kiplinger’s “2014 Best Value Awards” Winners; the redesigned rogue continues to build up an impressive mantle of trophies.
The Rogue has been fully redesigned for 2014 and Nissan hit a grand slam by creating an even better small crossover than we could have imagined. The all-new 2014 Nissan Rogue is extremely competitive on equipment & efficiency compared to other small crossovers, and it excels in refinement, styling & technology. The more aggressive look inside and out projects a more masculine look that resembles the front fascia of the all-new Pathfinder that came to market at the end of 2013. The headlamps even resemble the front lights of the new Audi sedan that you see racing up and down the New Jersey Turnpike.
Prior to receiving this distinguished award from Kiplinger, the all-new 2014 Nissan Rogue was named by Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com as one the 12 Best Family Cars. KBB.com recognized the Rogue’s “wealth of amenities and clever cargo solutions” like the Divide-N-Hide cargo system. The editor stated that the Rogue was “surprisingly good at accommodating a rear-facing booster seat while still giving front passengers good legroom.” More importantly, the vehicle was also touted as a top 12 vehicle for a practical family because the 2014 Nissan Rogue is a wonderful selection for inexpensive transportation.
Now getting back to the Rogue’s most recent headline, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance has named the 2014 Nissan Rogue the “Most Fuel-Efficient Small Crossover” in their most recent publication of 2014 Best Value Awards. It is plain & simple; the 2014 Nissan Rogue has amazing fuel economy at an affordable price!
As stated in the most recent press release from Nissan North America, “The all-new 2014 Rogue was praised by the publication for its excellent combined fuel economy of 28 miles per gallon, which provides an excellent value to consumers with annual fuel costs a mere $1,800. Rogue also gets best-in-class 33 mpg highway in front-wheel drive models.”
The Rogue’s success has not only been measured in awards. The vehicle set a January 2014 sales record with 13,831 deliveries in its first full month of sales, which was a 54.5% increase compared to one year earlier. Here at Windsor Nissan, we have not been able to keep the all-new 2014 Rogue on the lot for more than a day or two. Each time we get a new Rogue off the trailer, we have another happy sales customer lined up for delivery.
Nissan’s tagline, Innovation that excites, is spot on for the new Rogue. The technology is outstanding – I’ve yet to see a better built-in navigation system. The navigation system’s seven-inch color touchscreen refreshes with impressive fluidity and the nav is way quicker to respond and far more intuitive to use compared to other small crossover vehicles sold by the competition. The Bluetooth is reliable and super fast connecting. Plus, the mini-screen that you can see through the steering wheel is a great touch. I love the AroundView monitor; the moonroof is huge and makes the driving experience extremely pleasant. Finally, the power liftgate is excellent and convenient to use.
As an economy-oriented family hauler, the all-new 2014 Rogue small crossover delivers on all fronts. “Nissan carefully checked-off the segment’s objective requirements of a roomy cabin, all-weather capability, solid fuel economy, interesting styling and innovative technology,” as stated by autoblog.com. Dealers such as us, Windsor Nissan, could not be more proud to sell this awesome, value-packed vehicle.
The premium style and features combined with the available 3rd row seating option make the 2014 Nissan Rogue the premiere choice for New Jersey auto shoppers seeking to buy a comfortable and highly functional small crossover SUV. Windsor Nissan invites you to 590 U.S. 130 in East Windsor, New Jersey to see exactly why companies like Kelley Blue Book and Kiplinger continue to brag about this superb Nissan vehicle.
Top 10 Tips for Winter Driving
- For driving in the snow, increase your following distance of any vehicle in front of you to eight to ten seconds. If you were unaware, the normal following distance on dry pavement is three to four seconds. Basically, give a little more than twice the distance you normally would when driving in the snow. This increased distance of safety will provide you with enough room to safely stop.
- Whenever you drive on snow or ice, don’t stop if you can avoid it. There is a huge difference as it relates to beginning to move a Nissan Altima car from a full stop compared to slowly accelerating while the Altima sedan is still rolling. Keep this in mind when approaching a red traffic light. If you can slow down enough to keep rolling by time the traffic light changes to green, you will exponentially increase your odds continuing on your route without getting stuck.
- Do not use cruise control when driving on any type of slippery surface i.e. wet, ice, sand or snow.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid gas line freeze-up. Furthermore, if your vehicle gets stuck or damaged, the extra gas will allow you to keep your vehicle running and thus keep you warm and safe.
- Clean all of your windows and make sure your wiper blades are clean of debris. If your wiper blades appear to be clean, but still streak across your windshield you need to replace them. Also, always make sure that your antifreeze washer solvent is topped off. On a similar note, be sure the wipers are turned off before starting the engine to prevent damage to the wiper motor.
- When driving in the snow or on icy surfaces, accelerate and decelerate slowly with the front wheels pointed straight. The best way to gain, or regain, traction is by applying the gas slowly. This will also reduce the probability of your car skidding as you begin to move. If you let the wheels spin, you will only dig deeper into the snow. A skid occurs when the driver applies the brakes so hard that one or more wheels lock, which is why it is imperative that you decelerate your sedan slowly.
- Before leaving in your car, truck, van or suv, start your auto and turn the heater on for approximately two minutes before using the defroster. Don’t you hate when you have a foggy windshield? If you are normal and your answer is yes, this trick will prevent moisture from fogging the windshield when warm air hits the frigid glass.
- If your vehicle gets stuck in the snow, STAY with your car. To start, your vehicle will provide you with shelter and keep you warm. Moreover, it is more likely for rescuers to find your vehicle in a storm vs. you on foot. There is also a chance that you could lose sight of your vehicle in a snowstorm with blowing snow. The only reason you should get out of your vehicle is to tie a brightly colored cloth or piece of clothing to the antenna to signal distress. If your vehicle does not have an antenna, place the bright article at the top of a closed window. If the sun goes down and you are still stranded with your vehicle, leave the dome light on since it only uses a very minimal amount of electricity.
- Remove all snow from your vehicle before you hit the road in your car. Depending on the amount of snow on your vehicle, the added weight can adversely affect how your vehicle steers, starts and stops. However, the main purpose is to protect the drivers around you. How do you think you would react if you were driving along and a giant slab of snow came flying off of the vehicle in front of you…and maybe even hit your windshield? You would freak out and most likely swerve and/or stop abruptly and neither of those actions should be performed while driving even in the best of conditions.
- Never warm up your vehicle in a garage. Technically, do not warm up your car in an enclosed area, but for 99.9% percent of people that means their garage. It is never a good idea to enter a room filled with carbon monoxide…especially when you are about to operate a car!
Windsor Nissan in East Windsor, New Jersey hopes that you find these 10 Winter Driving Tips helpful. Especially, if you happen to live on the East Coast and are enduring yet another horrid winter storm as we are at 590 U.S. 130 East Windsor, NJ 08520. Remember, always wear your safety belt and please drive safe!
Nissan revealed a sport sedan concept vehicle today at the Detroit auto show and many assume this concept will eventually become the all-new Nissan Maxima Sports Sedan. This family-friendly segment has been among the industry’s most competitive in recent years and Nissan plans on capturing major market share with this world class vehicle concept.
From its aggressive grille to its muscular rear, Nissan’s sport sedan concept foreshadows the styling of the automaker’s next generation of sedans; bold, beautiful and innovative. If I was a gambling man, I would bet big that this beauty will in fact be the all-new Nissan Maxima.
No surprise that this bold concept sedan also builds on the styling of the Resonance concept SUV that starred on Nissan’s stand at the 2013 auto show.
The lines of the hood and the dipping chrome bar across the grille constitute what Nissan calls its V-motion style, while boomerang-shaped taillights wrap around the rear fenders from the sedan’s sides to its rear. The sedan concept has a sharply raked windshield & unusually low roofline, which once again differentiates Nissan from the run of the mill boring sedans.
The Japanese automaker revealed the four-door sports sedan — which did not have a specific name — for the first time globally today.
The vehicle evokes the performance aura of a bad-ass sports car while also appealing to families. It boasts a fascia that dips low toward the ground as well as 21-inch aluminum-alloy wheels. It has a 3.5-liter, 6-cylinder engine with more than 300 horsepower.
Nissan said the front-wheel-drive sport sedan concept — which was developed partly by the automaker’s San Diego design studio — “offers cues to future production designs.”
Auto Dealers, such as Windsor Nissan in East Windsor, New Jersey, cannot wait to get their hands on the retail versions of these extremely exciting vehicles.
The company also showed off two concept cars for the first time in the U.S.: the Nissan IDx Freeflow and the IDx NISMO.
The IDx Freeflow was designed to appeal to lifestyle buyers, while the IDx NISMO has an über-sporty look. At 162-inches long, the concepts are about the same size as a Nissan Juke. There is no doubt about it that Nissan is in a prime position to truly catapult the brand to new heights with innovative designs and cutting edge technology, which has all been evident at the Detroit Auto Show in 2014 thus far.
The concepts offer two different versions of a small, simple coupe that’s reminiscent of early Datsun models. Their simple shape does without complex curves for what Nissan says young buyers are seeking: authentic execution of a simple affordable car.
The NISMO concept aims to look like a vintage car in a computer game, while the Freeflow’s white and flax colors are intended to evoke the casual appeal of a t-shirt and khakis.
Many of the details from this article were gathered by the Detroit Free Press.
Biggest 3-Day Holiday Sale in Mercer County NJ History
East Windsor, NJ – Sales Manager Michael Castiello has announced today that Windsor Nissan is planning another hugely successful $990 Pre-Owned Vehicle Sale this Friday, November 29th at 9:15AM through Monday, December 2nd at 9:00PM to celebrate the annual retail sales holidays, Black Friday & Cyber Monday. Windsor Nissan ran a similar event in October and stunned a number of competitors.
Customer who participated in the last sale event have raved about the tremendous deals they received and can’t get over the fact they were able to purchase such quality used vehicles at such low prices. To the surprise of many, consumers were even able to take advantage of unprecedented sale offers on New Nissan vehicles, which included leasing and financing deals. As a result, the management team at Windsor Nissan has decided to enhance their 3-Day Black Friday, Cyber Monday Sale by including all-time low lease payments, sign & drive lease offers and Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles marked down more than 25% from original MSRP.
This sale is taking place at Windsor Nissan 590 US 130 East Windsor NJ, just minutes from Route I-95 and Route 1. Registration starts at 9:00AM. Vehicles will be clearly marked, so come early for the best selection.
This is a one-of-a-kind sale designed to get the local community driving again. According to Sales Manager Michael Castiello, “We are helping those people that just can’t afford a car right now. Everyday, we receive pristine lease turn-ins, factory program cars, recent trade-ins, rental cars & bank repossession vehicles and rather than an selling them to strangers at the auction or to wholesalers, we have begun taking a new approach.” He adds, “We’re performing safety inspections on every vehicle and we are offering them at drastically discounted prices direct to the general public.”
Finance expert Greg Gilley stated, “Every effort will be made to secure credit approval for those who have had financial difficulties or damaged credit over the last few years. Extended terms and special financing will be available to help reduce monthly payments or obtain credit for those that previously had challenges. “ Mr. Gilley simply stated, “We are trying help our customers and community residents get back on the road and assist them at rebuilding their credit at the same time. These are the regular folks who are feeling this economic downturn the hardest.”
Windsor Nissan believes that reviving the economy starts at home, and that changing things locally will lead to changing things nationally.
The $990 3-Day Black Friday and Cyber Monday Vehicle Sale Event will make vehicles available at low prices that are not normally offered to the general public. According to Mr. Gilley, “We want to give our customers a reason to believe in the local economy again. Someone’s got to look out for their best interests.”
Customers are encouraged to arrive as early as 9:00AM. Every vehicle will be cleaned, detailed, and fully prepared for instant delivery. At 9:15AM, Castiello and Gilley, with their sales team, will mark the special sale price on each and every vehicle.
And because Windsor Nissan customers are feeling the credit crunch right now, Ownership has given the dealership’s financing manager the resources necessary to get most customers’ credit approved on the spot. Loan processing and financing representatives will be on-site during this Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sale Event to ensure prompt credit approval and same day delivery of all sold vehicles.
This means that customers with “less than perfect” credit history can have their credit approved and drive a quality pre-owned car, truck, van, SUV, or even a new Nissan home. Even if a customer’s credit report shows a bankruptcy, divorce, tax lien, slow payment history, missed payment, or repossession, or if a customer is a first time buyer, Windsor Nissan will accept all applications.
This special, 3-DAY BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY $990 Vehicle Sale will be held in East Windsor, NJ this Friday, November 29th at 9:15AM through Cyber Monday, December 2nd at 9:00PM.
Customers are encouraged to register as early as 9:00AM. Incredible sale prices, starting as low as $990, will be posted no later than 9:15AM. Michael Castiello also reminds customers that the holiday sale event is first-come, first-served, so it’s critical to come early to have the best chance of getting the vehicle of your choice.
Customers wishing to trade in a vehicle are asked to bring their title or payment book for immediate delivery. Windsor Nissan will even pay off your trade-in in full, no matter how much you still owe on it. Negative equity will carry forward. Most of these surplus pre-owned vehicles will get sent directly to auto auctions for liquidation. So, if anyone has been thinking about purchasing a good, clean, dependable pre-owned car, truck, van or sport utility vehicle, do not miss this special one-day only sale.
For more information about this sale at Windsor Nissan, please contact them at: 1-800-884-3816.
Biggest Sale in Windsor’s 20 Year History
East Windsor, NJ – General Manager Michael Maguire has announced a $990 Pre-Owned Vehicle Sale on Friday, October 25th at 9:15AM and ends on Monday October 28th at 9PM.
This sale is taking place at Windsor Nissan 590 US 130 East Windsor NJ, just minutes from Route, I-95 and Route 1. Registration starts at 9:00AM. Vehicles will be clearly marked, so come early for the best selection.
This is a one-of-a-kind, three day only sale designed to get the local community driving again. According to General Manager Michael Maguire “We are helping those people that just can’t afford a car right now.”
Windsor Nissan’s pre-owned inventory levels need to be reduced to make room for the arrival of additional 2014 Nissan models. As a result, Windsor Nissan is selling these additional pre-owned vehicles to the public at drastic discounts in an attempt to help its core customers get back on the road. These are the regular folks who are feeling this economic downturn the hardest.
Windsor Nissan believes that reviving the economy starts at home, and that changing things locally will lead to changing things nationally.
In addition to Windsor Nissan’s extra inventory, additional vehicles have been acquired at incredible prices from various banks, repossession companies, auto auctions, credit unions, lease companies, and rental companies for this sale.
The $990 Pre-Owned Vehicle Sale will make vehicles available at low prices that are not normally offered to the general public. According to Mr. Maguire, “We want to give our customers a reason to believe in the local economy again. Someone’s got to look out for their best interests.”
Customers are encouraged to arrive as early as 9:00AM. Every vehicle will be cleaned, detailed, and fully prepared for instant delivery. At 9:15AM, Michael Maguire and his team will mark the special sale price on each and every vehicle.
And because Windsor Nissan customers are feeling the credit crunch right now, Mr. Maguire has given the dealership’s financing manager the resources necessary to get most customers’ credit approved on the spot. This means that customers with “less than perfect” credit history can have their credit approved and drive a quality pre-owned car, truck, van or SUV home. Even if a customer’s credit report shows a bankruptcy, divorce, tax lien, slow payment history, missed payment, or repossession, or if a customer is a first time buyer, Windsor Nissan will accept all applications.
This special, THREE DAY ONLY $990 Pre-Owned Vehicle Sale will be held in East Windsor on Friday, October 25th at 9:15AM and end on Monday, October 28th at 9PM.
Customers are encouraged to register as early as 9:00AM. Incredible sale prices, starting as low as $990, will be posted no later than 9:15AM. All vehicles will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. Windsor Nissan is expecting a high volume of customers for this sale, so be sure to reserve your spot early.
Customers wishing to trade in a vehicle are asked to bring their title or payment book for immediate delivery. Windsor Nissan will even pay off your trade-in in full, no matter how much you still owe on it. Negative equity will carry forward. Most of these surplus pre-owned vehicles will get sent directly to auto auctions for liquidation. So, if anyone has been thinking about purchasing a good, clean, dependable pre-owned car, truck, van or sport utility vehicle, do not miss this special one day only sale.
For more information about this sale at the Windsor Nissan, please contact them at: 1-800-884-3816
590 US 130, East Windsor, NJ 08520
We Speak Spanish
The newly redesigned 2013 Nissan Sentra was named Best-In-Class Compact Car in AutoPacific‘s 17th annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards (VSA), topping a list of 15 other vehicles.
An industry benchmark for measuring how satisfied an owner is with his/her new vehicle, AutoPacific’s VSA are based on the results of responses from more than 52,000 new vehicle owners. VSA vehicles are assessed on 51 separate attributes, ranging from interior comfort to fuel economy and performance to determine owner satisfaction.
Jon Brancheau, vice president, Marketing, Nissan North America said: “Always a smart, economical purchase, the 2013 Sentra pairs value and best-in-class fuel efficiency with style and comfort. It is great to see Sentra owners give the vehicle high marks in this important third-party survey, and share their satisfaction with the vehicle. The completely-redesigned Sentra earning an AutoPacific Vehicle Satisfaction Award helps solidify its place in a very competitive class.”
Sentra’s all-new design is elegant, modern and refined. It offers a high-quality interior design with available features not usually found in compact vehicles, including dual-zone auto temperature control, Bose® premium audio system, and a navigation system with hands-free text messaging assistant.
Sentra includes several changes contributing to the increased fuel savings. The 2013 Sentra is 150 pounds lighter than the outgoing model, yet has slightly larger overall dimensions and more interior room. The lighter and more aerodynamic Sentra also uses a more fuel-efficient 1.8-liter engine, which along with its next-generation Xtronic CVT® with sub-planetary gear helps deliver a 13 percent improvement in EPA combined fuel economy (over the prior model year). Fuel economy is rated at 30 miles per gallon city, 39 miles per gallon highway and a class-leading 34 miles per gallon combined with the CVT*.
*2013 EPA Fuel Economy Estimate 34 MPG combined 50-state emissions and CVT transmission; 33 MPG combined CA state emissions. Actual mileage may vary — use for comparison only. Ward’s Light Vehicle Market Segmentation. MY13 Sentra vs. 2012 Upper Small Class excluding Hybrid and Diesel models.
The all-new 2014 Versa Note is the fourth of five all-new vehicles Nissan launched in the last year and a half. The Versa family has been the top selling car in this segment for 38 of the last 42 months. Nissan executives say this new model is designed to keep it there.
“This car has the features and the value to continue that momentum, absolutely,” said Nissan Senior Manager of Product Planning, John Curl.
The car has class-leading fuel economy at 40 miles per gallon highway. The 2014 Versa Note also offers best-in-class 31 city MPG & 35 MPG combined city/highway fuel efficiency. Part of how the car accomplished an improved fuel economy is the new Versa Note weighs about 300 pounds less than the earlier model.
“Total cost of ownership is very important for these buyers. When you buy a car in the entry class you don’t want to spend a lot of fuel,” said Curl.
Nissan’s 2014 Versa Note is the only car in its class with an option called Around View Monitor. It gives a virtual 360 degree “bird’s eye” view of the surroundings. Around View Monitor allows drivers to see the lines on either side of a parking space and the wall behind them, so they can park more quickly and more accurately.
“There’s no car anywhere close to this price point that has the Around View Monitor. It’s class exclusive for a couple classes above actually,” said Marcy Maguire, Dealer Principal of Windsor Nissan in NJ.
Four cameras, one on each side of the vehicle, are processed to create this 360-degree view. The feature is available with the SL tech package.
Another new feature available on the Versa Note is something called Divide-N-Hide Adjustable Floor. The system’s large split-folding floor can be used to create a flat cargo area or to provide a hidden cargo storage area.
“With the fold-down seats we have a class-leading over 20 feet of cargo space, so yes, the Divide-N-Hide helps you utilize that to its full advantage,” said a Nissan Sales Executive.
Nissan executives say this new Versa Note will help keep Nissan’s overall Versa lineup number one in the entry-level segment in terms of sales. The 2014 Versa Note has a manufacturer’s suggested retail starting price of $13,990.