Nissan has recently developed a new automatic headlight system that turns on about 30-40 minutes earlier than the existing and will not turn on when in the shadows. In order to turn on the headlights earlier, Nissan increased the sensitivity of the illumination sensors and revised the control logic that determines the surrounding environment. Nissan is aiming to reduce the number of car accidents with its new headlight system which will be commercialized within 2008. According to Nissan’s data about accidents by the time of day, they most frequently occur in the time zone, one hour before sunset. The new system is designed to reduce this accident rate during this time by automatically turning on the lights to warn other vehicles. All automatic headlights in existing Nissan models will be replaced by the new Smart Auto Headlight. The system will also be able to determine the environmental surroundings by the illumination sensors. These sensors will be used to recognize the shadows of a tree or building. For example, if the value decreases sharply, the system will be able to determine that the vehicle is going into a tunnel. If the value decreases gradually the system will determine that it is before the sunset.
Search Our Blog
Intagram Crazy Cool Pictures
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
- RT @windsornissan: An international awareness day to raise worldwide attention and inspire action for a cancer-free future! https://t.co/nA… 3 weeks ago
- RT @darrenrovell: Nike sign by Penn Station in New York City. https://t.co/rwXzYOMaZZ 1 month ago
- RT @UberFacts: Smart! https://t.co/ECGebOgwH0 1 month ago
- RT @SaturnAutos: Smartest comment I have read in years. 1 month ago
- RT @windsornissan: “Alexa, start the car.” Bring your garage into the tech age with the #NissanMaxima, equipped with available NissanConnec… 1 month ago
Photos Photos & Photos
- All-new 2016 Nissan Maxima on sale now @ Windsor Nissan
- The All-New 2015 Nissan Murano is Here @ Windsor Nissan NOW
- Learn more about your Nissan Intelligent Key
- Windsor Nissan Joins in on the Ice Bucket Challenge to Raise Awareness for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- The Ultimate Summer Road Trip Outline and Manual Part 1: Packing Essentials and Your Packing Strategy
- 267,774 hits