For those of you who need a full-size pick-up there is hope in the form of the new gasoline-electric Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid. For the 2009 model year, the Silverado will be the first light-duty pickup to go hybrid. The Silverado has what is called a two-mode hybrid system, which manes it can operate using either the two kilowatt motors only or with the gasoline engine combined. The advantage of this system is that the truck can operate without gas at speeds up to thirty miles per hour, while towing up to six thousand one hundred pounds. The 300-volt-nickel-metal hydride battery pack is recharged by capturing the energy when braking. This is only one out of the three ways to save gas on this Silverado. The V8 engine also shuts down half of its cylinders while coasting or light-load conditions. The third way is the EVT transmission, which houses twin electric motors, and provides nearly an infinite range of hear ratios. Other components include a unique exhaust system, eighteen inch low-rolling-resistance tires and electrically operated air conditioning. The rear wheel drive Hybrid will get an estimated 21MPG city and 22MPG highway.
Search Our Blog
Intagram Crazy Cool Pictures
No Instagram images were found.
- RT @GFNF__: PRIZM Football was an Absolutely FEAST for GFNF Members 🤑 over 11,000+ PRIZM Boxes checked out TODAY 🍴 RT and OPEN DMs for a… 1 day ago
- @garrettskicks Nice and getting the job done are two completely different things 1 week ago
- @garrettskicks @VinchTheGrinch Lol though break with the help. Sad part is I could give you 50 stories which would… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- @garrettskicks @VinchTheGrinch Hard to find good help these days 1 week ago
- @GFNF__ @garrettskicks Feel free to reach out. I am available. 1 week ago
Photos Photos & Photos
- All-new 2016 Nissan Maxima on sale now @ Windsor Nissan
- The All-New 2015 Nissan Murano is Here @ Windsor Nissan NOW
- Learn more about your Nissan Intelligent Key
- Windsor Nissan Joins in on the Ice Bucket Challenge to Raise Awareness for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- The Ultimate Summer Road Trip Outline and Manual Part 1: Packing Essentials and Your Packing Strategy
- 270,712 hits