This is the second marketing move from the famous automobile major General Motors. Just a few weeks back GM had announced a new marketing scheme of Online buying from Ebay. And now they are luring customers with their 60 days buy back plan. Let’s understand, whether it’s a gimmick or a smart sales campaign. Starting this month and running until November, General motors is offering their customers the buy back guarantee for its Four top models, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Buick and GMC. The new marketing stunt is named as “60 day Satisfaction Guarantee” where the customer has an option to get his money back which s/he invested in buying a new car or truck of GM. GM needs to look for smart marketing options and efforts to recoil from the insolvency and bail out. GM is also in the process of dropping out some of their brands like Saturn, Hummer, Pontiac and Saab & trying to put up their market shares, which has fallen to 19.5% this year. The move is to revive consumer confidence in the company. The details of new money-back plan are: • It covers models for the 2009 and 2010 • Customer can return the cars after 31 days and before 4,000 miles. • The plan does not cover leased vehicles. The plan is being led by their new Chairman, Ed Whiteacre. He is the former chief of AT&T, appointed by the Obama Administration. They key person behind this marketing campaign is the well-known Vice-President of GM, Bob Lutz. He is considered the most powerful and outspoken leader with command over corporation style, marketing, PR and advertising. In this case, he is the “man with the plan”. Here’s some thought for the GM’s new campaign: It is not the price, performance, appearance, safety and fuel mileage which only counts in the car buying decision, as the first thing comes in play is the Test Drive. Most of the shoppers make mistake here, they test drive the consumer of specified roads and provides you the guarantee for some specified period. But when the buyer uses it on the real situation, there are many nitty gritties in it. GM is tapping on this real situation and attracting the buyers with new money back scheme. There are subjective items in the car ,which is similar like how the switchgear feels, adjustability of the seats, rear seat room, how bright or dim the instrument panel can be made, if reflected sun makes the gauges hard to see in the daytime, etc. It is normally, the critic and experts who takes one or more test drive during the offerings is better judge. And according to them, Buick LaCrosse and Lexus Sedan ES350 have similar features and luxury. Both rivals compete on their performance, appearance inside and out, style, fit to finish and other points. The question here is whether GM will win the battle with 60-days money back plan?
Search Our Blog
Intagram Crazy Cool Pictures
No Instagram images were found.
- RT @GFNF__: Announcement regarding our RESTOCK will be coming later today. Spread the word 🏃♂️ 2 weeks ago
- RT @ksrautomation: MASSIVE MAY GIVEAWAY 🥳☀️ Prizes Include: - 1x @ksrautomation key - 1x @sigmabots key - 1x @GFNF__ membership - 1x @Hype… 2 weeks ago
- RT @cardbrokers: We’ve teamed up with Goldin Auctions to give away two boxes of Formula 1 Topps Chrome! 🏎 TO ENTER: - Like this tweet - Fo… 1 month ago
- @masemase twitter.com/c9_software/st… 1 month ago
- @FuseRobotics I was immediately on it and got the correct square and it was OOS? Was there 1 available? 2 months ago
Photos Photos & Photos
- All-new 2016 Nissan Maxima on sale now @ Windsor Nissan
- The All-New 2015 Nissan Murano is Here @ Windsor Nissan NOW
- Learn more about your Nissan Intelligent Key
- Windsor Nissan Joins in on the Ice Bucket Challenge to Raise Awareness for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- The Ultimate Summer Road Trip Outline and Manual Part 1: Packing Essentials and Your Packing Strategy
- 272,084 hits