Chevrolet is introducing the all-new 2012 Chevrolet Sonic small car to Bordentown consumers as its newest vehicle. The Sonic boasts a youthful and aggressive design, backed by a turbocharged performance and agile ride and handling, combining to deliver an efficient, fun-to-drive small car.
The Sonic is offered in two body styles: a stylish four-door sedan and a sporty five-door. Each delivers class-leading rear-seat roominess and cargo space. A variety of connectivity features enhance the driving experience.
“We anticipate that the Sonic will dominate the Bordentown small car market when it hits our dealership later this year. It’s the perfect blend of great design, a fun driving experience, and performance value,” said Michael Maguire, President of Bob Maguire Chevrolet.
Sonic’s highlights include:
- Efficient Ecotec 1.4L turbo engine rated at an estimated 138 horsepower (103 kW); available with a six-speed manual transmission
- Standard Ecotec 1.8L engine paired with five-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmissions
- Standard electronic power steering and StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover sensing
- Sedan model offers segment-best trunk capacity and rear-seat roominess; hatchback has greater cargo capacity than competitors
- Connectivity includes standard OnStar with six months of Turn-by-Turn navigation. Available features include XM Satellite Radio, USB and Bluetooth functionality and MyChevrolet mobile application with OnStar MyLink vehicle connectivity
- Remote start, heated front seats and sunroof, all rarities in the segment
- Comprehensive safety features include 10 standard air bags, antilock brakes, electronic brake force distribution, brake assist and OnStar with Automatic Crash Response
Production of the Sonic will begin later in 2011 and is the only small car built in the United States. Chevrolet revealed the 2012 Sonic at the North American International Auto Show.