Nissan Rogue named Best Crossover by Parents Magazine and as 1 of the 10 Best Family Cars by Edmunds.com
Reaffirming its position as an ideal family road-trip machine, today the all-new 2014 Nissan Rogue was named “Best Crossover” in the 2014 Parents and Edmunds.com 10 Best Family Cars list. The award comes on the heels of news that the 2014 Rogue set yet another sales record in May 2013.
For the seventh straight year, car experts at Parents and Edmunds.com evaluated hundreds of vehicles to determine which are best suited for families. This year, the top 10 were chosen based on safety, convenience and high-tech performance features at all price levels. As a recent Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) “Top Safety Pick Plus” – coupled with best-in-class cargo capacity*, best-in-class starting price**, best-in-class highway fuel economy*** and innovative, class-exclusive**** features such as the EZ Flex™ Seating System, Divide-N-Hide™ Cargo System and available Around View Monitor® – the 2014 Nissan Rogue met the judges’ criteria across all categories.
“On behalf of all of our Nissan families, it’s an honor to receive this award from Parents and Edmunds.com for the all-new 2014 Rogue,” said Fred Diaz, senior vice president, Nissan Sales & Marketing and Operations. “With its combination of innovative features and a strong value equation, the Rogue allows families to ride in comfort and style without burning a hole in the pocket book.”
The Nissan Rogue, which was completely redesigned for the 2014 model year, features bold, emotive styling, a premium interior created with comfort and multi-tasking in mind, and an array of available affordable technologies. Rogue offers optional 3-row/7-passenger seating, along with exceptional passenger and cargo flexibility. Every 2014 Nissan Rogue is equipped with a responsive 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine rated at 170 horsepower and 175 lb-ft of torque. The engine is matched with an advanced Xtronic transmission. Rogue comes in three well-equipped models, S, SV and SL, each in a choice of front-wheel or all-wheel drive.
The complete 2014 Parents and Edmunds.com 10 Best Family Cars list will be published in the July 2014 issue of Parents magazine and is available online at Parents.com/best-family-cars. Windsor Nissan in East Windsor, NJ is proud to sell the highly recognized 2014 Nissan Rogue and currently has a full inventory of small crossover Rogues @ 590 U.S. 130 on sale right now!!!!
1. Breakthrough Design. Not only does the all-new 2015 Nissan Murano look like nothing else in the segment, its 0.31 coefficient of drag (the same as many contemporary sports cars) is projected to be among the best in segment. Key contributors to the low aerodynamic Cd include the lower grille shutter, front and rear spoilers, rear tire deflectors, rear suspension fairings and optimized fuel tank design.
2. Tuned LED Headlights. The available LED headlights, while providing excellent energy use efficiency and durability (versus halogen and xenon lights), required extensive tuning to refine the shape and light intensity. Murano also features standard LED Daytime Running Lights, LED taillights and integrated LED lights in the sideview mirrors.
3. Zero Gravity, Extra Heat. Murano backs up its position as a “social lounge” by treating rear seat passengers to many amenities usually reserved for front seat occupants. This includes rear Zero Gravity outboard seat design, available high-speed seat heating and rear USB connection port. Rear seat knee room has increased by 1.4 inches (versus the previous Murano) due to a slimmer front seat seatback design.
4. Less Weight, Better MPG. The new Murano features an approximate 130-pound overall weight reduction, which when combined with optimized aerodynamics, low rolling resistance tires, engine and transmission enhancements and other drivetrain improvements, is projected to result in an approximately 20 percent gain in combined fuel economy versus the previous generation Murano (2015 Murano EPA fuel economy ratings not yet available).
5. Extra Set of Eyes. The new Murano includes up to four onboard cameras and three radar systems, to provide input to a range of standard and available technologies including Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW), Forward Emergency Braking, Intelligent Cruise Control, Cross Traffic Alert (CTA) and class-exclusive Around View® Monitor with Moving Object Detection.
6. Let There Be Light, Lots of It. The Murano’s available power Panoramic Moonroof has been reconfigured for the new third-generation design. A single opening replaces the previous two separated panels and the glass area is a 40 percent longer sliding length, with the opening area increased by 29 percent (versus the previous generation Murano). The new Murano also an advanced lighting system, welcoming occupants to the premium interior day or night.
7. Off with the Switches. Murano’s new instrument panel is designed for ease of use. Along with larger information screens, such as the 7.0-inch high resolution customizable Advance Drive-Assist Display and available 8.0-inch multi-touch control center display, the number of audio and navigation switches has been reduced by 60 percent (from 25 to 10) for a more user-friendly experience.
8. Clutch Cargo (Area): Not to be overlooked among all the premium design features of the new Murano is its utility. The rear cargo area dimensions have been stretched 3.3 inches in width and 2.0 inches in length, which along with the reconfigured shape of the rear liftgate, results in four extra cubic feet of cargo space – projected to be among the largest cargo area in the segment. Cargo is now also easier to load with the fold-flat rear seats creating a flat luggage floor. The split-folding rear seat, with available power return, can be controlled completely from the cargo area – so there’s no need to walk to each door to raise the seats.
9. 1st in the U.S. The 2015 Murano will be assembled for the first time in the United States (the previous two generations were produced in Japan), becoming the ninth model in production at the Canton Vehicle Assembly Plant in Canton, Mississippi. Murano will be exported from Mississippi to more than 100 markets around the world.
10. Growing Market. The first-generation Murano was launched in November 2002 as a 2003 model. Nearly 700,000 have been sold in the U.S. to date. The mid-SUV segment is projected to increase 19 percent between 2013 and 2016. Key vehicles in the segment include Ford Edge, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport and Kia Sorento.
Windsor Nissan in East Windsor, NJ is thrilled with the upcoming release of the all-new 2015 Nissan Murano crossover. We know that this vehicle will be an amazing addition to our already award winning lineup; the Nissan Altima, Nissan Sentra, Nissan Pathfinder, Nissan Maxima & the all-new 2014 Nissan Rogue. We cannot wait for Fall 2014!
The newly redesigned 2013 Nissan Sentra was named Best-In-Class Compact Car in AutoPacific‘s 17th annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards (VSA), topping a list of 15 other vehicles.
An industry benchmark for measuring how satisfied an owner is with his/her new vehicle, AutoPacific’s VSA are based on the results of responses from more than 52,000 new vehicle owners. VSA vehicles are assessed on 51 separate attributes, ranging from interior comfort to fuel economy and performance to determine owner satisfaction.
Jon Brancheau, vice president, Marketing, Nissan North America said: “Always a smart, economical purchase, the 2013 Sentra pairs value and best-in-class fuel efficiency with style and comfort. It is great to see Sentra owners give the vehicle high marks in this important third-party survey, and share their satisfaction with the vehicle. The completely-redesigned Sentra earning an AutoPacific Vehicle Satisfaction Award helps solidify its place in a very competitive class.”
Sentra’s all-new design is elegant, modern and refined. It offers a high-quality interior design with available features not usually found in compact vehicles, including dual-zone auto temperature control, Bose® premium audio system, and a navigation system with hands-free text messaging assistant.
Sentra includes several changes contributing to the increased fuel savings. The 2013 Sentra is 150 pounds lighter than the outgoing model, yet has slightly larger overall dimensions and more interior room. The lighter and more aerodynamic Sentra also uses a more fuel-efficient 1.8-liter engine, which along with its next-generation Xtronic CVT® with sub-planetary gear helps deliver a 13 percent improvement in EPA combined fuel economy (over the prior model year). Fuel economy is rated at 30 miles per gallon city, 39 miles per gallon highway and a class-leading 34 miles per gallon combined with the CVT*.
*2013 EPA Fuel Economy Estimate 34 MPG combined 50-state emissions and CVT transmission; 33 MPG combined CA state emissions. Actual mileage may vary — use for comparison only. Ward’s Light Vehicle Market Segmentation. MY13 Sentra vs. 2012 Upper Small Class excluding Hybrid and Diesel models.
The all-new 2014 Versa Note is the fourth of five all-new vehicles Nissan launched in the last year and a half. The Versa family has been the top selling car in this segment for 38 of the last 42 months. Nissan executives say this new model is designed to keep it there.
“This car has the features and the value to continue that momentum, absolutely,” said Nissan Senior Manager of Product Planning, John Curl.
The car has class-leading fuel economy at 40 miles per gallon highway. The 2014 Versa Note also offers best-in-class 31 city MPG & 35 MPG combined city/highway fuel efficiency. Part of how the car accomplished an improved fuel economy is the new Versa Note weighs about 300 pounds less than the earlier model.
“Total cost of ownership is very important for these buyers. When you buy a car in the entry class you don’t want to spend a lot of fuel,” said Curl.
Nissan’s 2014 Versa Note is the only car in its class with an option called Around View Monitor. It gives a virtual 360 degree “bird’s eye” view of the surroundings. Around View Monitor allows drivers to see the lines on either side of a parking space and the wall behind them, so they can park more quickly and more accurately.
“There’s no car anywhere close to this price point that has the Around View Monitor. It’s class exclusive for a couple classes above actually,” said Marcy Maguire, Dealer Principal of Windsor Nissan in NJ.
Four cameras, one on each side of the vehicle, are processed to create this 360-degree view. The feature is available with the SL tech package.
Another new feature available on the Versa Note is something called Divide-N-Hide Adjustable Floor. The system’s large split-folding floor can be used to create a flat cargo area or to provide a hidden cargo storage area.
“With the fold-down seats we have a class-leading over 20 feet of cargo space, so yes, the Divide-N-Hide helps you utilize that to its full advantage,” said a Nissan Sales Executive.
Nissan executives say this new Versa Note will help keep Nissan’s overall Versa lineup number one in the entry-level segment in terms of sales. The 2014 Versa Note has a manufacturer’s suggested retail starting price of $13,990.
General Motors is entering the next-generation small van competition with a new version of a commercial vehicle made by Nissan, both companies announced Tuesday.
The Chevrolet City Express, as it will be called, will be a revised Nissan NV200 and will come to market in fall, 2014. Nissan has been trying to aggressively find new uses for its small NV200 van, including adapting it as the “taxi of tomorrow,” the mainstay of New York’s cab fleet.
In creating a Chevrolet version, Nissan solves a problem for GM. With the success of Ford’s small Transit Connect, the pressure has been on GM to find a match. By partnering with Nissan, GM cuts years of development time and expense.
GM officials know exactly what they want the van to accomplish.
“It’s designed to go head-to-head against Transit Connect — and win,” Ed Peper, GM’s fleet sales chief tells USA TODAY. “Speed (to market) was a very important asset we had to have here.”
The van will be for sale to individual customers as well as fleet buyers, the businesses that buy their vans in bunches for flower deliverers, plumbers and myriad other enterprises.
The small van segment is new to GM. Ford basically created the segment in the U.S. with its Transit Connect, which sort of a combination car and truck. Now, Peper says GM’s vehicle will stand out from the Nissan with an entirely new front-end design that looks distinctively like a Chevrolet and a five-year, 100,000-miles powertrain warranty.
The van, to be built at a Nissan plant in Mexico, is yet another example of how Nissan partners with other automakers to try to get enough production volume at its plants to make vehicles successful.
“Working with partners to expand markets for our innovative products enhances Nissan’s growth and manufacturing efficiency by leveraging our capacity to meet growing demand in this space,” says Joe Castelli, a Nissan vice president, in a statement.
Now it yet to be seen whether GM will try to enter the large, new-generation van market. It is dominated by Mercedes-Benz’ large Sprinter, and both Ford and Chrysler have their own large vans planned based on European designs.
General Motors has opened a new design studio in Seoul, South Korea, this past Wednesday, April 20, 2010. This will be GM’s tenth global design studio, to date, and will be responsible for creating mini and small vehicles to be sold around the world. There will be over thirty designers at the Seoul Advanced Design studio working diligently to create new concept vehicles for GM world-wide.
As time goes by, I believe that this design studio will become a crucial part of GM as the United States, and the World, enforces more strict fuel-efficiency and emissions standards. Soon, more and more people will be driving mini or small vehicles in order to comply with fuel-efficiency and emissions standards, and this GM design studio will be one of the major players contributing to the designs of those vehicles.
Hold onto your hats, MSNBC is now reporting live on SIRIUS XM Radio! On April 12th, 2010, MSNBC launched its line-up of shows that provide, “compelling and entertaining commentary and news….millions of listeners can stay connected via SIRIUS XM to their favorite source for news, politics, and the singular personalities of MSNBC where ever they go” said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Office of SIRIUS Xm Radio.
The line-up includes (all times in ET):
- “Way Too Early” with Willie Geist (Mon-Fri, 5:30am-6:00am)
- “Morning Joe” hosted by Joe Scarborough, Mike Brzezinski and Willie Geist (Mon-Fri, 6:00am-9:00am)
- “The Daily Rundown” with Chuck Todd and Savannah Guthrie (Mon-Fri, 9:00am-10:00am)
- MSNBC Dayside (10:00am-1:00pm and 2:00pm-4:00pm daily)
- “Andrea Mitchell Reports” (Mon-Fri, 1-2pm)
- “The Dylan Ratigan Show” (Mon-Fri, 4:00pm-5:00pm)
- “Hardball with Chris Matthews” (Mon-Fri, 5-6pm)
- “The Ed Show” with Ed Schultz (Mon-Fri, 6-7pm)
- “Countdown with Ketih Olbermann” (Mon-Fri,8-9pm)
- “The Rachel Maddow Show” (Mon-Fri, 9-10pm)
For all of you that have SIRIUS XM Radio & like MSNBC, check this out today! If any of you have any questions about how to get SIRIUS XM installed in your car, give us a call at 609-291-1000 – our service techs and salesmen will be happy to give you the information! Also, you can check out the SIRIUS XM Radio websites at www.sirius.com & www.xmradio.com.
Well, the car really isn’t advertised in dollars, but rather in Indian Rupees (Rp132,750 to be exact)! Nissan has announced it’s plan to produce three cars, over the next few years, that will rival the Tata Nano (which sells for $2,500), in India. The first vehicle will be the Micra Compact, and, by the year 2013, all three new models, plus three imported Nissan models, will be on the Indian market and Nissan plans to sell around 100,000 units a year (which is a BIG step up from the 360 units that were sold this past year)!
Personally, I know that I can not wait to take a look at this car after its production; hopefully Nissan will have a model here in the states for us to take a look at!
Want to win a 370Z?!
All you have to do is go to http://nissan.promo.eprize.com/nismo/, enter in your email address, and start playing!
The contest started on March 31st, 2010 and will run until June 28th, 2010 at 11:59ET. Each day Nissan will upload three questions to their website (http://nissan.promo.eprize.com/nismo/), asking anything from the NISMO 370Z to performance knowledge. For every correct answer to a question you will receive an extra entry (so the more questions you answer, and the more questions you answer correctly, the better your chances of winning the 370Z!).
The grand prize of the contest is: a 2010 NISMO 370Z (featuring a 350-horsepower 3.7-liter V6, racing-inspired exterior and interior styling, a specially tuned suspension and super-lightweight 19-inch forged alloy wheels), and a trip for two to the 23rd Annual International Z Car Convention at Nissan’s North American Headquarters in Franklin, Tennessee!
Fifteen (15) lucky winners will receive a set of four Yokohama tires up to 19” in diameter! And fifty (50) winners will receive a year’s subscription to Motor-Trend Magazine!
Good luck to everyone!
Okay, so here is the skinny: the Renault-Nissan Alliance and Daimler AG are combining forces to craft an ultimate strategic cooperation. The Renault-Nissan Alliance is already the most successful partnership in the automotive industry with revenues over 86.5 billion Euros in 2009, a footprint in over 190 countries, and an employment of over 350,000 people world-wide. And Daimler is just as successful in the automotive industry, as well as a huge player in the financial sector. But despite each company’s individual achievements, they both found an advantage out of partnering-up: “Daimler and the Renault-Nissan Alliance are combining common interests to form a promising foundation for a successful, strategically sound cooperation that is based on a number of very concrete and attractive project cooperations. Our skills complement each other very well. Right away we are strengthening our competitiveness in the small and compact car segment and are reducing our CO2 footprint – both on a long-term basis. We know that we can make brand-typical products based on shared architectures. The individual brand identities will remain unaffected.”, said Dr. Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler AG and head of Mercedes-Benz Cars.
The cooperation will highlight the following four projects:
- New common architecture for small vehicles
- The launches for the jointly developed models will take place in 2013.
- Both are going to focus on sharing each other’s highly fuel-efficient, diesel and gasoline engines.
- Collaboration on light vehicles
- Mercedes-Benz Vans will add a new entry-level vehicle in 2012 that will produced at the Renault plant in Maubeuge, France. Both companies will benefit from higher sales, more efficient capacity utilization, and a joint investment burden – which will result in a healthier overall cost basis.
- Equity exchanges
- The companies are going to exchange, benchmark and create synergies from their one-time cross-shareholding structure. Daimler will get 3.1% of Renault’s newly issued shares and 3.1% of Nissan’s existing shares; and Renault and Nissan will both receive 1.55% of Daimler’s shares.
After all is said, the main goal of this cooperation is to: “…create lasting value for the Renault-Nissan Alliance and Daimler as we work on broadening and strengthening our product offering, efficiently utilizing all available resources and developing the innovative technologies required in the coming decade.” – Carlos Ghosn, Chairman and CEO of the Renault-Nissan Alliance.