Bob Maguire Chevrolet will be hosting a Red Cross Blood Drive on June 15th from 11am-5pm in the showroom!
NJ’s local radio station, 94.5 WPST will be there to broadcast LIVE at the event!
Join us with donating the gift of life on Friday, June 15th from 11am-5pm! It takes less than 30 minutes to help save a life!
Contact: John Cioffi at 609-291-1000 ext: 315 OR go to : redcrossblood.org and register with code: 02215710
Family owned and operated dealerships since 1976.
Car lovers have more resources than ever to find information, news, videos and podcasts about all things automobile. But, how do you tell the difference between the great reads from the just so-so stuff?
Here’s a guide to the best auto blogs on the web for the car lovers in the internet age.
- Motor Trend Blog: Most people know Motor Trend for their authoritative presence in the magazine publishing arena. However, their blog is a worthy read as well. After your subscription comes in the mail and you’ve read it from cover to cover, hop on over to the blog and check out the bonus content that you can only read on the web.
- Just a Car Guy: This blog is a great choice for anyone who just wants to geek out about cars with other people like you. From news about new colors to random musings about good designs, this is one to bookmark.
- Hybrid Cars Dream: If you love hybrids and dream of the incredible technology that makes eco-friendly driving possible, then this is one you don’t want to miss. You won’t believe how many angles there are to cover when it comes to green vehicles.
- Classic Car: Who doesn’t love to go back in time every once in a while and reminisce about where we’ve been? Classic Car takes a historical approach and celebrates a wide range of years and models.
- Auto Blog: Sometimes watching a video of a never before seen car is just what you need to get excited about a new year’s worth of vehicles. Auto Blog covers a wide range of cars and always has the best and newest video content. They also record a podcast for audio lovers.
Model Year End Wrap Up Event = HUGE Savings on the Chevy Silverado 1500 at Bob Maguire Chevrolet
The 2011 model year at Bob Maguire Chevrolet is coming to a close and we are offering HUGE discounts on our entire Chevy Line-Up! Visit www.BobMaguireChevrolet.com to see all of the savings offered with the Model Year End Wrap Up Event.
Review of the 2011 Silverado 1500
Full-size trucks are used in such a wide range of situations-from construction fleets to long-distance driving-and the two different interiors offered in the Silverado and the nearly identical GMC Sierra help satisfy shoppers better than most other competing models. LS and LT models are probably the best fit for buyers who need the sturdy, get-messy capability of a pickup at least some of the time, but the LTZ is the choice for those who need a pickup that doesn’t compromise luxury. And for those who need a pickup but want to make a greener choice, with even lower operating costs, the Silverado Hybrid has 25% better fuel economy without sacrificing much towing or hauling ability.
Chevrolet continues to offer two completely different interiors for its Silverado 1500 family of pickups: Work Truck, LS and LT trims get a so-called “pure pickup interior” that includes larger door handles and controls that are designed to be used with gloves on, while the LTZ trim gets the same luxurious, softer, and more carlike interior that’s used in the Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban. The LTZ instrument panel is a bit lower to afford a better outward view, and several special color and trim themes are offered with the LTZ exclusively. LTZ models boast many more exclusive features in addition to the instrument panel; different door panels, a divided center console, heated power leather front seats, and an upgraded Bose sound system are included, while the top crew cab LTZ models get a rear-seat audio system, larger glovebox and rain-sensing wipers. In most Silverado 1500 models, a stadium-style back seat is split 60/40, including a folding center armrest, and can be folded forward easily. The extended-cab versions have enough legroom for occasional use and access is aided by 170-degree back doors.
Regular cab, crew cab, and extended cab versions of the Silverado are available, while cargo bed lengths are 5′ 8″ for the short bed, 6′ 6″ for the standard bed, or 8 feet for the long bed. The maximum payload rating runs as high as 1,909 pounds. Across most of the model line, the Silverado has a very good ride and handles well compared to the full-size trucks of the past, with a well-tuned coil-over-shock front suspension, Hotchkiss-type rear suspension and rack-and-pinion steering. Actually, five different suspension packages are offered, each tuned for particular types of use: Z83 is for a smooth ride; Z85 is oriented for better handling and trailer towing; Z71 yields better off-road capability; Z60 is for top street performance; and NHT is for top towing capacity. Towing numbers range up to 10,700 pounds when configured with the extended cab, 6.0-liter engine and Enhanced Trailering Package. The 2011 Silverado offers four different engines-a 195-horsepower, 4.3-liter V6, a 302-hp, 4.8-liter V8, a 315-hp, 5.3-liter V8 and a 403-hp, 6.2-liter V8. The V6 comes with a 4-speed automatic, while all others get a 6-speed automatic. Fuel economy ratings are as high was 22 mpg on the highway. The Silverado Hybrid is a good option for green shoppers who still need pickup capability.
The 2-mode hybrid system incorporates a 6.0-liter gasoline V8, electric motor system, variable automatic transmission and nickel-metal hydride battery pack, all of which enable a 6,100-pound tow rating while allowing especially good fuel economy in city driving, with EPA ratings of 21 mpg city, 22 highway. Top options on the Silverado include Bluetooth phone connectivity, a rear-seat DVD entertainment system and a navigation system with XM Nav Traffic, plus a rearview camera system that aids visibility while parking this tall vehicle.
Review of 2011 Nissan LEAF at Windsor Nissan in East Windsor, NJ
All-electric powertain, 100-mile nominal range on an 8-hour charge, driving characteristics of a regular gasoline model
The Nissan Leaf at Windsor Nissan in East Windsor, NJ is the first all-electric car available to the mass U.S. market. It’s all-new for 2011, with two available trim levels and a driving range of up to 100 miles on a single charge.
Nissan has broken new ground with the Leaf, which is the company’s first all-electric subcompact. Unlike the Tesla roadster, this electric car has room for five, and it’s being built on a much more massive scale-20,000 are planned to be built in 2011, with 50,000 available in 2012. With a reported MSRP of $33,600, it’s much more affordable than the nearest competitor, the Chevrolet Volt, which stickers at over $41,000.
The Nissan Leaf at Windsor Nissan in East Windsor, NJ is the first all-electric vehicle to be built on a massive scale by one of the major automakers. Unlike the Chevrolet Volt or Toyota Prius, the Leaf runs on electric power only, with four doors and room for five. Two trim levels are available: the SV and upmarket SL. Motivation for each comes in the form of a 107-hp 80kW AC electric motor powered by a lithium-ion battery pack. Nissan claims this combination allows for a 100-mile range between charges, which can be done via either a 110-volt or 220-volt household outlet. At 110 volts, a complete recharge takes around 20 hours, while a 220-volt outlet achieves a full battery in just 8 hours. Both trims come only with a single-speed transmission that is said to function like a regular automatic. A total of 48 battery packs are located centrally in the chassis, which helps provide a good balance and decent handling. And with torque from the electric motor always instantly available, the Leaf is no slouch-Nissan compares its performance to that of a similar car fitted with a 2.5L gasoline engine. City streets with stop-and-go driving are where the Leaf is most at home, although it’s capable of 90 mph-albeit at a significantly decreased range. Braking is achieved via standard 4-wheel power assisted disc brakes, which are also regenerative, providing power back into the system. On the outside, the Leaf features unique styling and “Zero Emissions” markings, as well as special aerodynamic underbody panels and diffusers to help reduce parasitic drag. Inside, the Leaf features a 6-way adjustable driver’s seat and a 4-way passenger’s seat, both of which are adjusted manually. In keeping with the Leaf’s green status, the seats are made of partially recycled fabric. Safety features include those that you might expect on any small car on the market today. Anti-lock brakes, traction control and an antiskid system are all part of the package, as well as dual-stage front side airbags and curtain side airbags. Both the SV and SL come with navigation as standard. The SL features Nissan’s Intelligent Key and push-button start, Bluetooth hands-free phone system, power locks, power windows and cruise control with steering wheel-mounted controls. SL models add a rearview camera, fog lights, a roof-mounted solar panel to charge batteries that run accessory items, automatic headlights and an available “quick charge” port that can bring the batteries to 80% charge in just 30 minutes. Nissan’s CARWINGS system allows remote connection into the Leaf’s computer via cell phone, which can monitor charging status, start a charge and even activate heating and air conditioning systems to prepare for an upcoming drive.
Chevrolet confirmed today it will add a diesel variant to the Cruze lineup in North America in calendar year 2013. Diesel versions of the Cruze are currently being sold in Europe. Additional details on the Cruze diesel for North American markets will be released at a later date.
The diesel will bolster the already fuel-efficient Cruze lineup. Cruze Eco with a standard six-speed manual transmission, is the most fuel-efficient gas-powered/non-hybrid vehicle in America, with an EPA-rated 42 mpg on the highway.
Cruze recorded a total of 24,896 sales in the United States in June, the fifth consecutive month sales have exceeded 20,000. The success of the Cruze has increased Chevrolet’s total share of the compact-car segment from 9.5 percent a year ago to 11.9 percent for the first five months of 2011, even as the segment size grew 19 percent.
Chevrolet and Bob Maguire Chevrolet will honor National Military Appreciation Month by expanding the industry-leading GM Military Discount in Bordentown, NJ to military spouses and retirees; offering an exclusive “Honor” badge to anyone who buys an eligible Chevrolet through the program, and by donating $100 to Cell Phones for Soldiers for each eligible vehicle sold with a military discount.
“I consider it an honor to serve our country and I am grateful for companies like GM who recognize National Military Appreciation Month,” said Robert J. Maguire, Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army for the State of New Jersey.
“It is a pleasure to honor the men and women of our Armed Forces, their spouses and retirees,” said Michael Maguire of Bob Maguire Chevrolet. “Bob Maguire Chevrolet is committed to offering the Bordentown area military professionals and their family members the best value in the industry. We pay homage and say thank you for keeping our country safe and for preserving our precious liberties.”
During May, the GM Military Discount program – already recognized as the best program in the industry – will be extended to spouses of Active and Reserve members, as well as retirees, of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard and Coast Guard. The discount is available on most Chevrolet, Buick and GMC models with discounts typically ranging between $500 and $4,000 off the suggested retail price of the vehicle purchased.
In addition, the GM Military Discount offers an a $750 discount unselected Chevrolet, Buick and GMC vehicles to eligible members of USAA, a financial services provider for the military community.
In 2010 alone, the GM Military Discount program provided more than 70,000 discounts to military personnel and their families with a cumulative value of more than $60 million.
For every person who purchases, leases or orders a new Chevrolet using the GM Military Discount in May, Chevrolet will provide an exclusive set of “Honor” vehicle badges as well as contributing $100 to Cell Phones for Soldiers, a non-profit group that provides free communication tools to troops serving overseas.
Since May 2010, Chevrolet and its dealers have collected more than 50,000 cell phones. Since the program began, proceeds from phone collections have provided more than 114 million minutes – or more than 200 years – of free calls home for U.S. troops.
At the customer’s request, dealers will install the badges on their new Chevrolet at no additional charge. The badge features a yellow ribbon and “Honor” script, a subtle recognition of their service.
The Military Appreciation Month program will conclude with 99 “Honor & Valor” Limited Edition 2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS vehicles, which will debut during the Indianapolis 500 military personnel parade on May 28. The limited-edition Camaro will be available to order through www.gmmilitarydiscount.com, beginning in May.
Chevrolet introduced the first production Z-Spec accessories for the 2012 Sonic, available soon at Bob Maguire Chevrolet in Bordentown, NJ, an all-new small car hitting the streets this fall. The Sonic Z-Spec portfolio– which will be showcased at the New York International Auto Show – includes “Color Out” accent packages with contrasting-color exterior parts and graphics that express the car’s performance characteristics.
The Sonic, available soon at Bob Maguire Chevrolet in Bordentown, NJ, combines a youthful, aggressive design with turbocharged performance and agile ride and handling. When equipped with an available, efficient 1.4L turbo, it is expected to achieve an estimated 40 mpg highway.
“The new Z-Spec accessories reinforce Sonic’s fun, youthful spirit,” said Rick Scheidt, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. “Customization is particularly important with the customers we believe will gravitate toward the Sonic, and we want to help them make their vehicle look exactly the way they want as easily as possible.”
The Z-Spec accessories will initially include body-color ground effects (with a silver exhaust tip), contrasting mirror caps and roof spoiler, contrasting upper and lower grille surrounds and a body graphics package, along with 16- and 17-inch painted alloy wheels. The ground effects kit features a front fascia extension, rocker panel extensions, rear fascia extension and silver exhaust tip.
Interior upgrades include aluminum sport pedals and sill plates.
Z-Spec also includes color accent packages in “Black Out” or “White Out.” These “Color
Out” packages, displayed on vehicles at the New York Auto Show, feature black accents on a Summit White Sonic and Summit White accents on an Inferno Orange Sonic.
“Sonic is a great canvas for customization, and Z-Spec offers a cohesive design with a family of factory-engineered accessories and graphics,” said Scheidt.
Z-Spec parts can be purchased individually, to suit customer tastes and budgets, or can be purchased as a complete package. When the parts are purchased with the Sonic and installed by the dealer, customers can roll the cost into their monthly payments.
Additional accessories will be available for the Sonic, ranging from the fashionable to the functional, such as chrome mirror caps and door handles to cargo nets and trunk trays.
Additional graphics packages also will be available in the future.
The accessorized Sonics on display in New York share traits with the Z-Spec concept versions of the Cruze, Spark and Volt shown at the 2010 SEMA show. For example, each wore ground effects kits, rear spoilers and Z-Spec-specific grilles, as well as ZSpec graphics.
Sonic (available soon at Bob Maguire Chevrolet in Bordentown, NJ) at a glance…
The Sonic, available soon at Bob Maguire Chevrolet in Bordentown, NJ, is offered in two body styles: a four-door sedan and a sporty five-door. Each delivers class-leading rear-seat roominess and cargo space. A variety of connectivity features enhance the driving experience.
Sonic is offered with an efficient Ecotec 1.4L turbo engine rated at an estimated 138 horsepower (103 kW) – 18 horsepower (14 kW) more than Ford Fiesta – and 148 lb.-ft. of torque (200 Nm), between 1,850 rpm and 4,900 rpm. It is expected to deliver 40 mpg on the highway (EPA estimates pending).
A standard Ecotec 1.8L engine is paired with a five-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission, delivering an estimated at 135 horsepower (101 kW) and 123 lb.-ft. of torque (167 Nm) at 3,800 rpm.
The Sonic, available soon at Bob Maguire Chevrolet in Bordentown, NJ, will be built at the Orion Assembly Center in Orion Township, Mich., making it the only subcompact to be built in the United States.
Have you wanted to know all of the details on the 2011 Nissan Quest at Windsor Nissan in East Windsor, NJ? Well, this blog post will tell you all abut it. I am going to tell you every detail, in bullet point form, about the new 2011 Nissan Quest at Windsor Nissan in East Windsor, New Jersey so that you can know everything you ever wanted to know.
First, I am going to start with the exterior points, move into the interior points, then I am going to go over the safety aspects and mechanics of the 2011 Nissan Quest at Windsor Nissan in East Windsor, NJ
- 18 x 7″ alloy wheels
- P235/55R18 all-season tires
- Temporary spare tire w/steel wheel
- Rear roof spoiler
- Roof rack side rails
- Black sash molding
- Rear privacy glass
- Folding body-color pwr heated outside mirrors w/integrated turn signals -inc: auto tilt-in-reverse feature, mirror memory
- Variable intermittent windshield wipers
- Intermittent rear window wiper w/washer
- Auto on/off xenon (HID) headlights w/battery saver, level adjusting
- Fog lights
- Chrome door handles
- Leather seating surfaces
- Front bucket seats w/adjustable head restraints
- 8-way pwr driver seat -inc: driver seat position memory
- Driver seat pwr lumbar adjustment
- 4-way pwr front passenger seat
- Heated front seats
- 2nd row fold-flat captains chairs w/adjustable head restraints
- 3rd row quick release fold-flat bench seat w/adjustable head restraints -inc: pwr return seatback
- 1st row center console
- 2nd row center console (removable)
- Full floor carpeting
- Side sill spoiler w/chrome accent
- Tilt/telescoping steering column
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Steering wheel audio, cruise & navigation controls w/voice recognition function
- Instrumentation -inc: tachometer, coolant temp
- Drive computer -inc: avg speed, avg MPG, dual trip odometer, low fuel warning, outside temp
- Pwr door locks w/auto lock
- Pwr windows w/driver/front passenger auto up/down & driver anti-pinch feature
- Dual one-touch pwr sliding doors w/selective unlock function & auto-reverse
- One-touch pwr liftgate
- Auto-cinch rear liftgate closure
- Cruise control w/illuminated steering wheel controls
- Nissan intelligent key keyless entry w/push button ignition
- Engine immobilizer
- Security alarm system
- Nissan navigation system -inc: hard drive based navigation system w/XM NavTraffic, XM NavWeather, Zagat Survey restaurant review information *Navigation not available in HI or AK. Operable in the contiguous 48 states only.*
- Front/rear air conditioning w/tri-zone auto temp controls -inc: advanced climate control system (plasma cluster ion generator, grape polyphenol microfilter, advanced auto recirculation)
- Rear window defogger
- Locking glove box
- Wood tone interior trim
- Leather door trim
- Front door map pockets
- Dual front/rear cup holders on center console
- Folding style front & rear passenger assist grips
- (4) coat hangers
- 2nd/3rd row manual side sunshades
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror w/Homelink
- Conversation mirror (Replaces sunglasses holder)
- Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors
- Leather-wrapped shift knob
- Driver/passenger seatback storage
- Interior lighting -inc: front map lights, 2nd/3rd row reading lights, cargo area light
- Footwell lamps
- 12-volt pwr outlets in center cluster & cargo area
- Storage bin in cargo area
- (4) cargo hooks
- 3.5L DOHC 24-valve V6 engine
- CVT transmission
- Front wheel drive
- Front stabilizer bar
- Pwr speed-sensitive rack & pinion steering
- Pwr 4-wheel vented disc brakes
- 4-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Electronic brake distribution (EBD) & brake assist (BA)
- Traction control system (TCS)
- Vehicle dynamic control (VDC)
- Front/rear crumple zones
- Nissan advanced air bag system (AABS) -inc: driver & front passenger dual stage airbags, occupant sensors
- Front seat-mounted side-impact airbags
- Roof-mounted side curtain airbags for all rows
- Rearview monitor
- Blind spot warning system
- 3-point front seat belts -inc: adjustable upper anchors, pretensioners, & load limiters
- 3-point rear seat belts w/height adjusters
- 1st row active head restraints
- Lower anchors & tethers for children (LATCH)
- Child safety rear door locks
- Tire pressure monitoring system (TBMS) w/easy fill tire alert
- [C03] 50 STATE EMISSIONS
- [C02] FEDERAL EMISSIONS
- BEIGE, SEAT TRIM
- GRAY, SEAT TRIM
- [J02] DUAL PANEL MOONROOF
- [B93] SPLASH GUARDS (2-PIECE) (PIO) *Automatically added to dealer orders in the following states if not ordered with factory installed splash guards, or factory splash guards are not offered as an orderable option: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, & Wisconsin*
- [B94] ROOF RACK CROSS BARS (PIO)
- [L92] CARPETED FLOOR MATS FOR 1ST, 2ND, 3RD ROWS (PIO)
- [M92] VALUE CARGO PKG -inc: cargo protector, cargo storage box, full length cargo liner (PIO)
- [M93] CARGO NET (PIO)
- [N92] ILLUMINATED KICK PLATE (PIO)
- [S92] PROTECTION PKG -inc: rear bumper protector, family travel kit, child seat protector (PIO)
- [T92] TOW PKG (PIO)
Bob Maguire Chevrolet in Bordentown, New Jersey is always looking for new and innovative ways to reach potential customers. While most dealers now leverage the power of social media to engage new audiences, Bob Maguire Chevrolet in Bordentown, NJ has gone above and beyond the norm in a way that sets it apart from the crowd.
Bob Maguire Chevrolet is using location-based, mobile-gaming technology.
By developing a handful of fun, location-based challenges with the help of mobile-gaming company SCVNGR, Bob Maguire Chevrolet in Bordentown, NJ has developed Chevy Capture the CRUZE – a mobile treasure hunt throughout downtown Philadelphia giving residents the chance to win the prize of a brand new Chevy Cruze.
On Saturday, April 30th, Capture the Cruze participants will meet in downtown Philadelphia to begin the hunt. Teas of two will use their mobile phones to complete a series of challenges throughout the city in an attempt to earn the most points and the keys to the car.
Teams can sign up for a chance to fill the remaining few spots for the event buy visiting: PhillyCatpureTheCruze.com
Bob Maguire Chevrolet is Bordentown, NJ is excited to see the outcome of who wins the Cruze!