1. Breakthrough Design. Not only does the all-new 2015 Nissan Murano look like nothing else in the segment, its 0.31 coefficient of drag (the same as many contemporary sports cars) is projected to be among the best in segment. Key contributors to the low aerodynamic Cd include the lower grille shutter, front and rear spoilers, rear tire deflectors, rear suspension fairings and optimized fuel tank design.
2. Tuned LED Headlights. The available LED headlights, while providing excellent energy use efficiency and durability (versus halogen and xenon lights), required extensive tuning to refine the shape and light intensity. Murano also features standard LED Daytime Running Lights, LED taillights and integrated LED lights in the sideview mirrors.
3. Zero Gravity, Extra Heat. Murano backs up its position as a “social lounge” by treating rear seat passengers to many amenities usually reserved for front seat occupants. This includes rear Zero Gravity outboard seat design, available high-speed seat heating and rear USB connection port. Rear seat knee room has increased by 1.4 inches (versus the previous Murano) due to a slimmer front seat seatback design.
4. Less Weight, Better MPG. The new Murano features an approximate 130-pound overall weight reduction, which when combined with optimized aerodynamics, low rolling resistance tires, engine and transmission enhancements and other drivetrain improvements, is projected to result in an approximately 20 percent gain in combined fuel economy versus the previous generation Murano (2015 Murano EPA fuel economy ratings not yet available).
5. Extra Set of Eyes. The new Murano includes up to four onboard cameras and three radar systems, to provide input to a range of standard and available technologies including Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW), Forward Emergency Braking, Intelligent Cruise Control, Cross Traffic Alert (CTA) and class-exclusive Around View® Monitor with Moving Object Detection.
6. Let There Be Light, Lots of It. The Murano’s available power Panoramic Moonroof has been reconfigured for the new third-generation design. A single opening replaces the previous two separated panels and the glass area is a 40 percent longer sliding length, with the opening area increased by 29 percent (versus the previous generation Murano). The new Murano also an advanced lighting system, welcoming occupants to the premium interior day or night.
7. Off with the Switches. Murano’s new instrument panel is designed for ease of use. Along with larger information screens, such as the 7.0-inch high resolution customizable Advance Drive-Assist Display and available 8.0-inch multi-touch control center display, the number of audio and navigation switches has been reduced by 60 percent (from 25 to 10) for a more user-friendly experience.
8. Clutch Cargo (Area): Not to be overlooked among all the premium design features of the new Murano is its utility. The rear cargo area dimensions have been stretched 3.3 inches in width and 2.0 inches in length, which along with the reconfigured shape of the rear liftgate, results in four extra cubic feet of cargo space – projected to be among the largest cargo area in the segment. Cargo is now also easier to load with the fold-flat rear seats creating a flat luggage floor. The split-folding rear seat, with available power return, can be controlled completely from the cargo area – so there’s no need to walk to each door to raise the seats.
9. 1st in the U.S. The 2015 Murano will be assembled for the first time in the United States (the previous two generations were produced in Japan), becoming the ninth model in production at the Canton Vehicle Assembly Plant in Canton, Mississippi. Murano will be exported from Mississippi to more than 100 markets around the world.
10. Growing Market. The first-generation Murano was launched in November 2002 as a 2003 model. Nearly 700,000 have been sold in the U.S. to date. The mid-SUV segment is projected to increase 19 percent between 2013 and 2016. Key vehicles in the segment include Ford Edge, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport and Kia Sorento.
Windsor Nissan in East Windsor, NJ is thrilled with the upcoming release of the all-new 2015 Nissan Murano crossover. We know that this vehicle will be an amazing addition to our already award winning lineup; the Nissan Altima, Nissan Sentra, Nissan Pathfinder, Nissan Maxima & the all-new 2014 Nissan Rogue. We cannot wait for Fall 2014!
Biggest 3-Day Holiday Sale in Mercer County NJ History
East Windsor, NJ – Sales Manager Michael Castiello has announced today that Windsor Nissan is planning another hugely successful $990 Pre-Owned Vehicle Sale this Friday, November 29th at 9:15AM through Monday, December 2nd at 9:00PM to celebrate the annual retail sales holidays, Black Friday & Cyber Monday. Windsor Nissan ran a similar event in October and stunned a number of competitors.
Customer who participated in the last sale event have raved about the tremendous deals they received and can’t get over the fact they were able to purchase such quality used vehicles at such low prices. To the surprise of many, consumers were even able to take advantage of unprecedented sale offers on New Nissan vehicles, which included leasing and financing deals. As a result, the management team at Windsor Nissan has decided to enhance their 3-Day Black Friday, Cyber Monday Sale by including all-time low lease payments, sign & drive lease offers and Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles marked down more than 25% from original MSRP.
This sale is taking place at Windsor Nissan 590 US 130 East Windsor NJ, just minutes from Route I-95 and Route 1. Registration starts at 9:00AM. Vehicles will be clearly marked, so come early for the best selection.
This is a one-of-a-kind sale designed to get the local community driving again. According to Sales Manager Michael Castiello, “We are helping those people that just can’t afford a car right now. Everyday, we receive pristine lease turn-ins, factory program cars, recent trade-ins, rental cars & bank repossession vehicles and rather than an selling them to strangers at the auction or to wholesalers, we have begun taking a new approach.” He adds, “We’re performing safety inspections on every vehicle and we are offering them at drastically discounted prices direct to the general public.”
Finance expert Greg Gilley stated, “Every effort will be made to secure credit approval for those who have had financial difficulties or damaged credit over the last few years. Extended terms and special financing will be available to help reduce monthly payments or obtain credit for those that previously had challenges. “ Mr. Gilley simply stated, “We are trying help our customers and community residents get back on the road and assist them at rebuilding their credit at the same time. These are the regular folks who are feeling this economic downturn the hardest.”
Windsor Nissan believes that reviving the economy starts at home, and that changing things locally will lead to changing things nationally.
The $990 3-Day Black Friday and Cyber Monday Vehicle Sale Event will make vehicles available at low prices that are not normally offered to the general public. According to Mr. Gilley, “We want to give our customers a reason to believe in the local economy again. Someone’s got to look out for their best interests.”
Customers are encouraged to arrive as early as 9:00AM. Every vehicle will be cleaned, detailed, and fully prepared for instant delivery. At 9:15AM, Castiello and Gilley, with their sales team, will mark the special sale price on each and every vehicle.
And because Windsor Nissan customers are feeling the credit crunch right now, Ownership has given the dealership’s financing manager the resources necessary to get most customers’ credit approved on the spot. Loan processing and financing representatives will be on-site during this Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sale Event to ensure prompt credit approval and same day delivery of all sold vehicles.
This means that customers with “less than perfect” credit history can have their credit approved and drive a quality pre-owned car, truck, van, SUV, or even a new Nissan home. Even if a customer’s credit report shows a bankruptcy, divorce, tax lien, slow payment history, missed payment, or repossession, or if a customer is a first time buyer, Windsor Nissan will accept all applications.
This special, 3-DAY BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY $990 Vehicle Sale will be held in East Windsor, NJ this Friday, November 29th at 9:15AM through Cyber Monday, December 2nd at 9:00PM.
Customers are encouraged to register as early as 9:00AM. Incredible sale prices, starting as low as $990, will be posted no later than 9:15AM. Michael Castiello also reminds customers that the holiday sale event is first-come, first-served, so it’s critical to come early to have the best chance of getting the vehicle of your choice.
Customers wishing to trade in a vehicle are asked to bring their title or payment book for immediate delivery. Windsor Nissan will even pay off your trade-in in full, no matter how much you still owe on it. Negative equity will carry forward. Most of these surplus pre-owned vehicles will get sent directly to auto auctions for liquidation. So, if anyone has been thinking about purchasing a good, clean, dependable pre-owned car, truck, van or sport utility vehicle, do not miss this special one-day only sale.
For more information about this sale at Windsor Nissan, please contact them at: 1-800-884-3816.
Whats new for this Summer? Rated to get 27 mpg in combined driving and provide 526 miles of driving range, while retaining 7-passenger seating and 3,500-pound towing capacity, the new 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid is just like a standard Nissan Pathfinder, except under its hood.
To create the 2014 Pathfinder Hybrid, Nissan eliminated the 3.5-liter V-6 engine and installed a supercharged, 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine paired with a 15-kW electric motor, compact Lithium-ion battery, regenerative braking system, and a Nissan Intelligent Dual Clutch System that manages the powertrain and serves as a generator to capture kinetic energy from deceleration and recharge the battery.
Combined, the Pathfinder Hybrid’s powertrain generates 250 horsepower and 243 lb.-ft. of torque, comparing favorably to the standard V-6 engine’s 260 horsepower and 240 lb.-ft. of torque. Pathfinder Hybrid fuel-economy estimates, according to Nissan, are 25 mpg in the city, 27 mpg on the highway, and 26 mpg in combined driving. City drivers are likely to derive the greatest benefit from Pathfinder Hybrid ownership; the standard V-6 is EPA-rated to get 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway for a combined rating of 22 mpg.
The 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid looks like other Pathfinder models, except for its standard LED taillights and PureDrive Hybrid badges. Inside, the Pathfinder Hybrid has unique information screens for the Advanced Drive-Assist Display. The Lithium-ion battery is installed underneath the third-row seat to ensure that this 3-row crossover SUV retains all of the passenger- and cargo-carrying flexibility of the standard Pathfinder.
Nissan unveiled the new production version of the 2013 Pathfinder in Detroit today, a family hauler that sheds 500 pounds for better fuel economy compared with the outgoing model.
The Pathfinder shifts from being a body-on-frame SUV to being a unibody crossover to achieve most of its weight savings. Nissan says the result will be 30% improvement in gas mileage. The front-wheel-drive version can now achieve 20 miles a gallon in the city and 26 mpg on the highway. Yet it still can tow up to 5,000 pounds.
All 2013 Pathfinders come equipped with an advanced 260-horsepower 3.5-liter V-6 engine matched with a continuously variable transmission, instead of a plain ol’ automatic. Nissan says it will be the only vehicle in its class with selectable two- or four-wheel drive.
“While traditional SUV customers are looking for improved fuel economy, they still demand a vehicle that can do all the things they need, like carrying seven people, towing, and providing the sure-footedness in all conditions of a four-wheel drive,” says Al Castignetti, general manager of the Nissan division, in a statement.
The new Pathfinder will be built in Smyrna, Tenn., and goes on sale in the fall at Windsor Nissan. Pricing hasn’t been disclosed.
*A special thank you to firstcoastnews.com for this article!!