Chevrolet is introducing the all-new 2012 Chevrolet Sonic small car to Bordentown consumers as its newest vehicle. The Sonic boasts a youthful and aggressive design, backed by a turbocharged performance and agile ride and handling, combining to deliver an efficient, fun-to-drive small car.
The Sonic is offered in two body styles: a stylish four-door sedan and a sporty five-door. Each delivers class-leading rear-seat roominess and cargo space. A variety of connectivity features enhance the driving experience.
“We anticipate that the Sonic will dominate the Bordentown small car market when it hits our dealership later this year. It’s the perfect blend of great design, a fun driving experience, and performance value,” said Michael Maguire, President of Bob Maguire Chevrolet.
Sonic’s highlights include:
- Efficient Ecotec 1.4L turbo engine rated at an estimated 138 horsepower (103 kW); available with a six-speed manual transmission
- Standard Ecotec 1.8L engine paired with five-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmissions
- Standard electronic power steering and StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover sensing
- Sedan model offers segment-best trunk capacity and rear-seat roominess; hatchback has greater cargo capacity than competitors
- Connectivity includes standard OnStar with six months of Turn-by-Turn navigation. Available features include XM Satellite Radio, USB and Bluetooth functionality and MyChevrolet mobile application with OnStar MyLink vehicle connectivity
- Remote start, heated front seats and sunroof, all rarities in the segment
- Comprehensive safety features include 10 standard air bags, antilock brakes, electronic brake force distribution, brake assist and OnStar with Automatic Crash Response
Production of the Sonic will begin later in 2011 and is the only small car built in the United States. Chevrolet revealed the 2012 Sonic at the North American International Auto Show.
Assembled by General Motors-Daewoo in Korea, the 2010 Chevrolet Aveo appeals to drivers on a budget. MSRP starts at under $12,000, which makes it one of the lowest-priced passenger car available in the U.S. By utilizing ‘tall car’ design aesthetics, both the hatchback and sedan are roomy inside and feature a comfortable ride relative to other small cars. Mileage for 2010 is 27 city / 34 highway.
The 2010 Chevy Aveo is offered in two body styles: a four-door sedan and a five-door hatchback known as the Aveo5. Both styles are available in three trims: the base LS, the mid-range LT1 and well-equipped LT2.
Just as in 2009, the 2010 Aveo comes with a 1.6L Ecotec DOHC 4-cylinder engine with variable valve timing, which helps it make 108 horsepower and 105 pounds-feet of torque. It is mated to a standard 5-speed manual gearbox, while an optional 4-speed automatic transmission is available on the LT trims. The automatic transmission features a hold-control mode to hold a higher gear and to aid traction on slippery roads. All trims are front wheel drive. All Aveos utilize a MacPherson strut front suspension with coil beams and a stabilizer bar and a compound-link independent suspension with torsion beam and gas-charged shocks in the rear.
On the base LS trim, standard features include a tilt steering wheel, rear defogger, air conditioning and an AM/FM stereo with auxiliary input. The LT1 trim comes standard front and rear floor mats, heated outside mirrors and a 6-speaker CD/MP3 sound system. The LT2 gets cruise control, alarm, keyless entry, power doors and windows, power heated mirrors, fog lamps and performance tires. Available options on all trims include anti-lock brakes (ABS), leather-wrapped steering wheel, steering wheel controls, an anti-theft system, woodgrain interior trim, trip computer, aluminum wheels, vinyl seats, sunroof and wireless cell phone integration.
Standard safety features include front driver and passenger airbags with dual-stage deployment, and seat-mounted side airbags for front row occupants. A tire pressure monitoring system is also standard. One year of GM’s OnStar Safe and Sound plan is standard all Aveos.